Friday, April 11, 2014

Frozen Birthday Party - Snow Falling from Ceiling & Amazing Lighting

The ceiling decorations and ambiance was by far the best part of the party! I had over 220 paper cut snowflakes hanging from the ceiling and over 40 snow ball flurries mixed in as well. My husband made icicles from some foam board we had (literally) laying around. While the snowflakes were the mix of really only 4 designs, they looked different because of all of the different paper types and colors I used; everything from velum, to card stock, glitter paper, metallic paper...etc. I even made a few Star Wars themed snowflakes for my husband. Almost all items will be posted in a lot on Etsy if you wish to purchase.















The blue and purple lighting is NOT a filter on the camera or a photoshop effect. My husband purchased Philips Hue bulbs for our kitchen a while ago. These light bulbs are amazing. They can be any color you want them to be, change color on a rotation based on your settings, flash with music, create a strobe thunderstorm effect...etc. I think right now they only place you can purchase these is via the Apple store. There are 2 different kinds - the kind for the recessed lighting and the other for lamps and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment