Friday, May 3, 2013

Elmo & Sesame Street - Short Lived Loves

Well, my neighbor wasn't kidding she told me the Elmo love phase my daughter was going through would be short lived. Her 2nd birthday was the perfect time for a Sesame Street party. Now that she is 3, she could care less what Cookie Monster is up to.

I had alot of fun with this party - crafting things really before Pinterest came into my life. The crafts were low key and relatively easy.

I had left over character gift bags which I listed and sold on Etsy.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/126735170/sesame-street-party-favor-bags-elmo

I have some additional Sesame Street paper-ware that I will be listing as well....eventually :)

The bags were purchased at Michael's and I hand drew the features for each of the characters on plain paper and used them as templates for transferring to construction paper. A little bit of glue and imagination and poof!! Burt, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Oscar, Grover, and Big Bird!




To make the paper chains, I just bought a thick book of scrapbooking paper (wait for a 40% off coupon!). I cut them into even strips and glued a chain, just like you were taught in kindergarten. I did keep these in the attic because they were so generically themed, and am actually using these for my daughter's third birthday.



I also bought some generic Sesame Street drop down accent thingies. I don't know what I did with them after the party, but if I find them, I'll put them on Etsy too :)



Birthday Girl!

I made this sign from (you guessed it!!!) construction paper and some letters I printed out from Word as a template. It was cute. Actually was hanging above that door until about a month ago. Somehow managed a full year in that spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment