Friday, May 10, 2013

Mad Hatter Tea Party Crafts

Here are some of the things I made for the party...

I made this wreath - it's an exact replica of the instructions found here. Everything was at the dollar store as promised in her blog:
Alice Wreath Instructions 

If you would like this wreath, and don't have the time to buy the supplies and make it, the one I made can be found here: Alice In Wonderland Wreath


Gift Bags: I made these from regular paper bags and cut our of the same scrapbooking paper I bought for other random craft projects for this party. I have lots of extra bags (mostly because I forgot to give out party bags to the first half of the guests that left)...and I'll be selling the remainder of the bags - as well as the fillers (less the candy) on Etsy.  There are 11 bags remaining. If you would like them for your party, they can be found here: Alice Tea Party Favor Bags


 I made 5 of those giant card things out of poster board and construction paper, painted a frame red, and made some "things on a stick" as photo props for a fun place for pictures. Only a few people used it, but those that did had cute pictures! These are some of my favorites we took prior to the party.


 I made some arrows for the stairs. I used spray aerosol glue. Don't EVER use aerosol glue. It worked like shit. These arrows fell apart in like an hour after hanging them up. I'm undecided if I will fix them and sell them on Etsy...probably not...


 We did a Mad Hatter Hat Shop rafting table where the kids could make their own paper pop up hats. We had markers, glue, feather, and other random pipe cleaners and fuzzy balls. This was a big hit. Only a few kids wore their hats (Elmer's School glue took forever to join) - but everyone made one.

No comments:

Post a Comment