Friday, May 3, 2013

A Very Hungry 1 Year Old


My daughter's first birthday party was held at the Gymboree Play and Learn center. Even though all the kids were young, they seemed to love it and have a good time. Because it was a destination party, there wasn't alot to decorate. However, I did have to bring my own cake/cupcakes and anything I wanted to use in the refreshment room.

I went with a Very Hungry Caterpillar theme. The cupcakes were adorable. I just made them at home (I think it was Funfetti mix) and then I dyed the frosting different colors and swirled them together to create the color/style of the classic Hungry Caterpillar art work. I also found some stickers in a Very Hungry Caterpillar book at Barnes and Noble. I used these stickers as the toppers for the cupcakes - taping cut straws to them.

I created a larger cupcake, using a creme brulea dish, for the head of the caterpillar and then the green cupcakes trailed behind. I created other colored cupcakes to represent the different foods the 'piller was eating.

I thought it was adorable. But def the most creative part of the party for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment